Saturday 28 February 2015

At night we swim the laughing sea

(Memories of my French summer 2013 again. Sorry for being so nostalgic, this is the last one, I promise)




Still I'm convinced that nothing's more exciting than traveling alone. You are free as a bird, don't depend on anyone and you can do whatever you want. If you want you ride a bicycle and drink cognac out of the melon with local people or you go to a festival in Paris and you feel like the whole world is at your feet now. I wouldn't mind to spend my whole life like that.






It was so nice to wake up in the morning to the sound of bells in an old tower, have croissants for breakfast and then go to work. After it I went to the shower noticing that my suntan was quite far from perfect because I was wearing shorts and t-shirt and socks too. "Who cares!" I thought, "Life is beautiful anyway".




Also, it was nice to befriend new and interesting people every day, trying to comprehend French, wander around the castles, work with real masons, eat cheese which melts in your mouth, get lost in labyrinths of French gardens and see everything in my own way.







And every day was full of surprises! When you are about to have dinner and you are asked why not go to the seaside in the neighbour city and you're like "yeah why not". Then you eat the most delicious quiche lorraine and home-made ice-cream ever and then leave! Your driver drank cognac with you but it doesn't matter. You go to a new city where nobody's sleeping. Crowds of people are walking along the embankment, thousands of lights are reflecting in the ocean and strangers smile at you and you smile back and you have that nice stranger smiling moment.



No comments:

Post a Comment