Wednesday 25 February 2015

Cemetry gates

(some more memories of my French summer 2013)

I think it was one of the happiest months in my life. I realise this when I hear Jim singing: "When summer's gone, where will we be..?" I remember how Julien and I listened to this song in his little Parisian appartement and he told me not to be so pessimistic but.. Where are we now really?




I remember that dreaded sunny day when I met you at the cemetry gates. I decided to visit Jim. I had a sheer blouse on and was holding a bottle of orange juice but still it was too hot. So we went inside and we gravely read the stones when one old gentleman asked: "Cherchez Jim Morrison?" I nodded my head and he pointed to the tree, "Derrière cet arbre" he said. And I already was thinking I won't find you. So there I stood staring at his grave and listening to The End in my earphones. People come and go, some of them are crying and everyone whispers "goodbye Jim" when leaving. I was literally trembling inside because that moment was so important.


No comments:

Post a Comment