Monday 9 February 2015

In my room

I love my room. I spend a lot of time here and I think it even looks like me. It's quite a spacious bedroom with pale pink wallpapers and cream curtains, there's a big bookcase with my favourite books and most people  pay attention to them. Sometimes they borrow something or just ask whether this or that book is good and so they get to know me a little better. It's like a test - if one doesn't take an interest, I don't think we'll have a lot in common.



All in all, a lot of people have been to my room and well they were all different. People who I hardly know, popular people, some unwashed hipsters who don't even take their vans off.. A motley company, in general. And sometimes there are weeks and even months when in my room there's nobody but me. Only my mom drops in and asks if everything's alright or dad sticks his head in the doorway to say goodnight.


In the far corner there's my bed with white cover on it though now it is unmade because in winter I love to stay home all day cuddled up in my lovely bed, drink tea, read books and watch films. Perfect for a cold day like this.


My February playlist:

The Rolling Stones - Winter
Bruce Springsteen - Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out
Beck - Youthless
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Snow (Hey Oh)
The Raconteurs - Consoler of the Lonely

No comments:

Post a Comment