Sunday 22 February 2015

Se rappelle de la France

(more memories of my French summer 2013)

And in Saint-Genis-de-Saintonge everything was completely different! My sleeping place was a real mess and when I wanted to shower, I needed plenty of time to find all my stuff. Still, I'm remembering that place with so much love. In our dorm there was always something going on - pillow battles, night gatherings with flashlights in our hands or gossiping in our pajamas. The walls were decorated with reproductions of well-known painters. I remember I had 'Cottages' by Van Gogh right above my sleeping bag.




From the dormitory you could walk out on the terrace where we placed a table and a couple of chairs for us to read magazines, drink coffee, play cards or make parties. Also, there were a lot of bicycles which locals kindly gave us. I liked to take one of them (usually bright pink), put my camera in a basket and go take pictures of sunset above the sunflower fields, narrow streets of cobblestone, somebody's door with flowers on it.. It was uncredibly beautiful there, just go and catch.





No comments:

Post a Comment